Monday, April 11, 2016

April 12 Releases: Dark Souls 3 and Hyper Light Drifter Soundtrack

Tomorrow I will be picking up the third installation of the Dark Souls series, which comes with the soundtrack, and the soundtrack to the new indie game Hyper Light Drifter. Both of these games are based on the video game genre as open world exploration game. 

I will be listening to both of the soundtracks over the next few days and do a post for both of the games as I can. Both soundtrack are extremely different from each other. Dark Souls 3 soundtrack is created by a large orchestra and choir and Hyper Light Drifter's soundtrack is made by one man and I have actually done a post about one of his games already FEZ, Disasterpeace. After I saw that he was creating the soundtrack to the game, my excitement for the game extensively increased. 

Hyper Light Drifter is a 2-D based RPG game with 8 to 16 bit graphics where Dark Souls is open world RPG that is 1080p 60fps (Frames Per Second). So the only things these games have in common is the fact that they are both RPGs and that they can be extremely difficult.

Thanks again for reading and my next update will more of less be one of these games if I can pry myself away long enough from these games. 

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved Dark Souls and have enjoyed the music while playing it. I have not played/heard the newest of the series; however, I am excited to see what it brings.

    ReplyDelete